Unexploded Ordinance Technician
OPEC Systems is an Australian owned contracting company entering its 30th year in business! Our clients rely on us to make the world a safer place. Using our highly trained and experienced personnel, coupled with the very latest technologies, we deliver contaminated site remediation solutions without cutting corners. The end result is the provision of a decontaminated site with the assurance of safety and compliance.
We are seeking an Unexploded Ordinance Technician that can support our team located Australia-wide.
Your role will include project work in the field, working in various locations and environments across Australia. It will include site assessment, environmental management, geophysical survey, and remediation of found unexploded ordinance.
Reporting to the General Manager - Defence, your duties will include but not limited to:
· Providing sound technical support to a UXO Technician Supervisor.
· Effective supervision and management and of a designated UXO clearance task.
· Adhering to all OPEC Policy’s and Operational Procedures.
· Determine precise locations in a field environment using a variety of techniques, such as using global positioning equipment, or basic land navigation techniques using a topographical map and compass.
· Reconnoitre and classify UXO/EOM contamination.
· Operate UXO search equipment including metal detectors and magnetometers to locate subsurface UXO.
· Excavate subsurface UXO/EOM.
· Properly store UXO/EOM per applicable guidance.
· Construct UXO/EOM-related protective works.
· Inspect EOM for the presence of explosives safety hazards.
Required skills and attributes
· Graduate of a Military Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) School or an equivalent course from a registered training organisation, where the qualifying course will have consisted of 200 hours or greater of instruction.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in undertaking UXO/EOM remediation activities.
· Experienced in operating within an integrated QSE systems framework (ISO9001, AS4801, ISO14001).
· Hold current Drivers Licence.
· Hold current White Card
What is on offer:
· Overtime and travel allowances
· Employee bonus scheme
· Study opportunities with our registered training organisation OPEC College
· Opportunity to develop within a well-established business
Should you feel you are a good fit for OPEC, please submit your CV and cover letter to OPEC Careers team, email@example.com.
Must be willing to undergo medical check and police check for Defence clearance.
Whilst we appreciate every application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Short video by CEO re importance of this job