Patron: Commander 3rd Brigade, Brigadier David McCammon DSM and Bar
Homebase for the Veteran Community in Townsville
1 Staging Camp Ave, Oonoonba. Drop-in M-F 0900-1500, after hours upon booking. Dirty Boots Cafe M-F 0730-1400. All closed on W/E and public holidays, unless booked.
[for navigation apps you may have better luck with 20 Darter Street, Oonoonba until actual is recognised on all platforms]
Transition to Aurizon Leadership
REM: Attractive salary package with a retention payment and relocation assistance.
About the role:
At Aurizon we are continuously looking for ways to attract new talent into our business and develop our employees. We recognise that changing industries can be daunting for some and for others stepping into an entry-level position to break into an industry may not be feasible. As such, we have devised a development plan to enable individuals with demonstrated leadership experience and capability to transition smoothly into the Supply Chain sector. This position will offer a 2-year development plan which will involve a combination of business workshops and exposure to core operational roles when undertaking rotations within our Bulk business. You will have:-
· Exposure to a variety of key operational roles within Aurizon
· Individual ownership for your development deliverables throughout each rotation
· Combining workshop & on the job training to build your technical knowledge & capability
· Rotations will include working on a 24/7 shift roster in a safety critical environment
At the end of the development program you will be engaged in a key operational leadership role.
You are a natural leader with a passion for delivering excellent results whilst maintaining a collaborative culture. When it comes to leadership, you lead by example, are intuitive and have a vested interest in development to ensure you’re getting the best out of your team. In this role you will thrive on working in a challenging environment where you will draw upon existing leadership skills to develop a new career in the Supply Chain sector.
· Ability to complete 3-month rotations across our QLD depots
· Approximately 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role
· Strong desire to achieve by committing to each rotation and taking responsibility for the success of your development plan
· Collaborative and proactive approach to work
· Demonstrated planning skills including the self-motivation to initiate the day’s work activities/ initiatives and deliver outcomes
· Tertiary qualifications highly regarding (not essential)
· Current drivers’ licence - open
· Able to work a 24/7 shift roster
As you will be rotating across safety critical roles within Aurizon you will be required to undertake psychometric testing and must be able to meet the requirements of a National Standards Rail Category One medical.
What We Can Offer You:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Aurizon is a top-100 ASX-listed company and Australia's largest rail freight operator. Each day we transport coal, iron ore and other minerals as well as agricultural and general freight across the nation. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee, be they male or female, blue collar or white collar, and allows them to build better careers as they help us build a better company.
Be strategic about your next career move and become part of our strategy…
Please apply online for position and if you have any specific questions, please contact Bec on 07 4943 4230