Trainee Train Driver
Now is the time to join Aurizon, a stable and dynamic company, as we continue to experience growth for a mid-year start.
We are looking for people that can commit to our regional depots and become part of the community. These are residential positions, and you will need to reside in or be willing to relocate to either Mt Isa or Cloncurry.
About the roles: These roles offer a unique opportunity for people with either limited or no exposure in the rail industry to undertake a structured training program to become a qualified locomotive driver with Aurizon. Working on a 24/7 shift roster, your role will consist of the following key responsibilities: -
• Safe operation of locomotives including mainline and yard operations.
• Basic train examination competencies such as roll by inspections.
• Drive Aurizon motor vehicles as required.
• Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
On successful completion of the training, you will obtain a Nationally recognised Certificate IV in Driving Operations.
• 24x7 rotating shift roster 365 days a year including early starts, late finishes, nights, weekends and public holidays
• Apply theoretical knowledge from training to practical operation
• Undertake Locomotive driver training and successfully complete modules within six months
About you: We are looking for people that can commit to our regional depots and become part of the community. You are a motivated person with a strong alignment to our Values.
• A strong commitment to safety.
• Ability to work a 24/7 shift work roster including availability to work weekends/public holidays.
• Current unrestricted Class C drivers’ licence.
• Ability to undertake an extensive training program including theory & practical components
• Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment.
• Ability to complete the first 12 weeks training at Cloncurry is required.
Ability to successfully pass pre-employment checks such as testing, references and a CAT 1 Rail medical is a requirement of these roles. Please note these are not FIFO/DIDO positions, no accommodation provided, however there will be a fortnight locality allowance.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
• Development and growth opportunities
• Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
• Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
• Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers to apply for this role please follow the link below