Entry Level Freight Operators
Our VBA member Aurizon Bulk has a new and exciting entry level Freight Operator opportunities at our Stuart (Townsville) depot. We are committed to growing our business in regional QLD and will be looking to utilise local talent to achieve this goal.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
About the position:
• Undertake the theoretical and practical components of the training program
• Ensure that the loading and unloading of customer's products are carried out efficiently and safely
• Inspect rollingstock for faults
• Rectify minor faults on rollingstock
• Conduct brake testing of trains
• Effectively communicate with other depot personnel face to face and via two-way radio
• Undertake shunting and marshalling of trains
• C Class Drivers Licence (mandatory)
• Strong commitment to safety
• Mechanical aptitude
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• A willingness to work day & night shift (up to 12hr shifts) and including weekend work as required
As a part of the company's recruitment and selection process, shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake psychometric testing, and successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment that will involve drug and alcohol screening.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
• Development and growth opportunities
• Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
• Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
• Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
For more information on this position (5231 reference ), please contact Marissa on 4932 2223