Patron: Commander 3rd Brigade, Brigadier David McCammon DSM and Bar
Homebase for the Veteran Community in Townsville
1 Staging Camp Ave, Oonoonba. Drop-in M-F 0900-1500, after hours upon booking. Dirty Boots Cafe M-F 0730-1400. All closed on W/E and public holidays, unless booked.
[for navigation apps you may have better luck with 20 Darter Street, Oonoonba until actual is recognised on all platforms]
Our VBA member Aurizon are looking for passionate and driven individuals who have a strong desire to complete a 4-year apprenticeship and become a qualified Electrician or Diesel/mechanical fitter. Work with industry leading rollingstock and learn from highly skilled tradespeople at our Jilalan (near Sarina), Stuart (Townsville) and Callemondah (Gladstone) sites.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Apprenticeships on offer:
2 electrical, 2 mechanical – Gladstone
2 electrical, 2 mechanical – Sarina
1 electrical, 1 mechanical – Townville
These roles will require you:-
• To develop skills, experience and the knowledge to obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
• Successfully complete both written and practical assessments within the given timeframe.
• Actively participate in team and safety meetings, contributing to improvement initiatives
• Work collaboratively with a variety of trades personnel to ensure work is performed in accordance
with technical & operational standards.
• Potentially rotate between our locomotive and wagon maintenance divisions (for mechanical trades).
We are eager to engage with people who have a genuine interest in their chosen trade through work experience or hobbies. You have completed or will have completed year 10 by the end of 2022. You will be energetic in your approach to this role and excited to join or further your career in the Rail Industry.
• An overriding commitment to health & safety.
• A strong desire to learn and develop a range of new skills associated with your chosen trade.
• Motivation to achieve individual and team goals and objectives with a willingness to actively
contribute to attain results.
• Demonstrated interest in the chosen trade
• Ability to undertake an extensive training program including theory & practical components.
• QLD drivers licence preferred.
• Commitment to Aurizon values and a willingness to embrace a diverse work environment.
Ability to successfully pass pre-employment checks such as testing, references and medical is a requirement of these roles. Please note these are not FIFO/DIDO positions.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
• Development and growth opportunities
• Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
• Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
• As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
For more information on this position (reference 677715), please apply online at www.aurizon.com.au/careers