Fri, 29 Oct | Currajong
Life Skills Queensland: Veteran Open Workshop Session - 29 October
Second Monday & the last Friday of every month to end of year LSQ will open its doors to veterans at no charge. The aim is to promote good mental health and connections for the veteran community of North Queensland. THIS ACTIVITY IS FUNDED FROM AN OASIS VETERAN COMMUNITY GRANT SUPPORTED BY NQPHN
Time & Location
29 Oct, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Currajong, 8 Horwood St, Currajong QLD 4812, Australia
About The Event
Activities Veterans may choose to:
- Come in for a social visit and impart their knowledge for other veterans to tap into.
- Learn or brush up on existing hand and power tool skills.
- Complete one of Life Skills Queensland catalogued woodworking projects. (All costs covered)
- Learn the basics about using resin.
- Utilise the workshop tooling to complete their own small woodworking projects. (Costs of materials not covered or supplied)
- Utilise the workshop tooling to work on other small projects such as pushbikes, small engines and other small projects. (Costs of materials not covered or supplied)
Times All sessions run from 9am till midday.
- Friday 30th of July 2021
- Monday 9th of August 2021
- Friday 27th of August 2021
- Monday 13th of September 2021
- Friday 24th of September 2021
- Monday 11th of October 2021
- Friday 29th of October 2021
- Monday 8th of November 2021
- Friday 26th of November 2021
Bookings are Essential
Please note - LSQ cannot support works on motor vehicles or motorcycles or support the storage of large projects between sessions.